Dec 26, 2008

What Happens Now?

At this time of year there are so many people who get into the "Christmas" Spirit. Overall everyone seems to be in a Happy-Go-Lucky type mood (except for the few scrooges you meet) and blatantly helpful towards people in their immediate vicinity.

I see the dualistic personalities and attitude shifts from before this season all the way up through January 2. Every year it's the same thing! We are so happy and somewhat helpful to people in unfortunate situations.

Those who are less fortunate than ourselves we seem to cling to so that we can say we did something good for someone else. Why is it that we don't do these type of things all year long simply based upon the premise of "it's the proper and 'right' thing to do?"

Have you ever considered what it would be like to not have any food? Or better yet you're being evicted because you can't pay your rent?

I don't speak from a point that I don't understand, I speak from the point that I've been in the situation. Having to sleep in my car, go to school, can't afford rent, had only $5 in my pocket, just put $10 in the gas tank, have only one pack of noodles, and that had to last me for two weeks! I was poor and guess what, to my dismay it was NOT the Christmas season: it was only October!

I would want to think that we as American's would become a support system for those who are less fortunate, especially in an economic crisis.

As we swiftly approach the new year, my question becomes: What Happens Now?

Will you continue exhibiting the dualistic nature of giving vs. not giving, or will you remain in a state of bliss and continue to develop a bond of brother- and sisterhood with the people of this world?

Tanya A. Alkhaliq -Author, Speaker, Business Success Coach, Minister

Tanya Alkhaliq is an intersex black woman who is a Life Change Expert with an emphasis in intersex issues and counseling while specializing in self-identity development, relationship issues, gender and sexual understandings, spiritual reformations, career choices, young-adult developmental issues, and issues pertaining to fear.

PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING DR. "T" WITHIN SOME OF YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS

Blog Feed

Relgious Blog Feed

The Harvest Group

Phoenix Outreach Services

Temple El Shammah

Assemblies of the True and Living G-d

Follow Me on Twitter

Personal Facebook

I Need a Change w/Akilah Michaels - Facebook

Temple El Shammah - Facebook

My Blog

My Religious Blog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ma'am! I truly appreciate it, it is people like you that keep me going to create these type of blogs that seek to motivate people to action and pay close attention to how they not only treat others, but how they treat themselves!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW THIS BLOG